Women’s Mental Health Awareness Training
Wish’s latest training package has been created for people working in the community with women who have complex needs or who just want to gain an awareness of women’s mental health.
Our next training session is on Wednesday 11th July in Bethnal Green
The day covers:
- Major mental health diagnoses – anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder; their symptoms and common treatments
- Common life experiences of women in touch with services: trauma, abuse and gender violence, poverty, isolation, loss of children, lack of opportunities
- Personality Disorder
- Coping strategies including self-injury, drugs & alcohol, eating disorders, dissociation
And most importantly, Wish’s trainers give participants the skills they need to work successfully with this client group, and to ensure staff wellbeing:
- How to work positively to meet women’s specific needs including relational security, consistency and boundaries
- Looking after yourself: avoiding burnout and staying emotionally well
This specifically designed course is a must for staff working with women who may have complex needs, including mental health needs, in services such as refuges, rape and sexual assault centres, housing, family support services, the criminal justice system, drug and alcohol services, and so on.
Feedback about our Women’s Mental Health Awareness Training
Very informative, interesting. Knowledgeable staff, very compassionate.
Thank you for being so understanding and helping us to understand our service users better
Thank you very much. Learned a lot and had a lot of my questions answered.
Refreshing to see “self-help” section in training!
Want to come to a training session but can’t make the next planned session?
Or want more information before you book?