Community Link provides extended support to women in Greater London as they move from prison or secure hospital into the community. Its wraparound services equip women with the skills, security and self-esteem necessary for successful resettlement, through:
- Pathways tailored to each individual’s needs and aims, to ensure long-term and meaningful change
- Support to engage with services and attend court dates
- Links into statutory and voluntary services
- Support with housing and accommodation issues
- Financial assistance and benefits guidance
- One-to-one support whenever and as often as each woman needs
- Social contact and peer support
What professionals say about the Community Link project:
Many of these women would not survive in the community without the Community Link Project.
It is not recognised that the Mental Health system creates many of the problems the women have to overcome, Wish understands this and works creatively and intuitively with them.
No other organisation is committed to working with these women who have experienced these problems.
What the women who use the Community Link service say about the project:
I can trust Wish to be there for me.
The scheme is what you would expect social workers to be able to do but they can’t because they are so busy.
If it wasn’t for Wish I would not be here.
You can read the story of Melanie, a woman who uses the Community Link project, here.