Volunteers are integral to the success of WISH. We value our Volunteers alongside our members of staff and pride ourselves on inclusivity and team working, everyone supporting each toward achieving the aims and goals for our organisation and importantly, our clients and service users.
With your help, WISH keeps going from strength to strength. From a personal perspective volunteering can bring you as an individual significant benefits too:
1. Providing a sense of purpose and community.
2. Combats isolation.
3. Improves self-esteem.
4. Teaches you valuable skills.
5. Provides job prospects.
6. Helps you meet new friends!
WISH is a user-led organisation and encourages applicants with personal experience of using services. Due to the nature of WISH’s work, only women are eligible to work for WISH. (Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1)
You can volunteer in:
1. Our Community work
2. In our Counselling service (BACP membership is a requirement for Counselling volunteers)
3. Campaigning, Fundraising, Donor management
4. Communications – Social Media experience is especially of interest
5. Membership management
6. General administration
7. IT Assistance
Please get in touch if you have any skills, passions, or ideas for the organisation! Click on the button below to download our volunteer form.